Show notes on connecting:
In this conversation we cover:
- Connecting as one of the best catalysts for getting shit done in companies and organizations
- The power of vulnerability in a work and leadership context
- The profound transformation that takes place when people are willing to listen to each others’ stories
- How to understand the motivations of people you want to influence + the overlap with Design Thinking
- A first step to introducing these principles to your company in a way that’s more likely to be received
Mark’s career started in investment banking in London and Hong Kong. About 25 years ago he went through a spiritual awakening. Since then he has been consulting and teaching on transformative leadership in organizations and with individuals.
Initially I became a a partner in Alexander, the UK pioneer in executive coaching. I took a two-year sabbatical in the late 90s to manage the garden at Esalen Institute and this inspired my life and work philosophy.
My clients are now mostly entrepreneurs and social change visionaries: recently including IDEO, BALLE, Irvine New Leadership Network, as well as Desmond Tutu and his family foundation.
I hold an MBA from Stanford, an MA in Classical Literature from Oxford, and an MA in Psychology from Meridian University.
Fast Lane to Joy Workshop [Use the coupon code FLTJ150 to attend this workshop for only $150 — a $245 savings! Coupon expires on 3/30/2018]
Shana James Coaching – Learn the most important skill men who are professionally successful and have a fulfilling love life use every day