In this conversation we cover:
- The Old Macho vs. The New Macho and how these relate to the concept of “toxic masculinity”
- The foundational teachings many men did not learn from their parents that makes life harder and lonelier
- What frees men from having to pretend they’ve got it all figured out
- How to stay on track in mid-life, even with the grief and struggle we face through parenting, aging, etc.
- A way to understand extremist behaviors we see more of these days — shootings, abuse, etc.
Boysen Hodgson is the Communications Director for the ManKind Project USA, part of a global brotherhood of nonprofits conducting transformational initiation programs for men at every stage of life, and supporting a network of men’s groups serving over 10,000 men every week. He’s the author of “The New Macho,” a credo for the mature masculine shared over 50,000 times and published in numerous blogs, magazines and books. His mission is to transform culture by designing change and building bridges. Boysen completed the New Warrior Training Adventure in April 2004 and has been working with men ever since, supporting and challenging them to break out of isolation, take responsibility for their emotional riches, and live their full potential … starting with himself. He’s dedicated to nurturing the powerful, emotionally aware, accountable, and purpose driven men we need to help heal our society’s deepest wounds. He is an urban homesteader, a husband, and a proud papa.
Shana James Coaching – Learn the most important skill men who are professionally successful and have a fulfilling love life use every day