Fathers are the most important men in their children’s lives. What a man does with the incredible privilege of fatherhood will shape his children’s beliefs about themselves and largely determine the trajectory of their lives. Here’s how to be the best father you can be.
Show notes on being a good dad:
In this touching discussion about the challenges and joys of fatherhood we covered:
- The Parallel Journey of growing yourself as you raise your children
- The 12 “dadverbs” that allow you to be the dad your children need you to be
- How to support a child’s distinct questions and needs and the differences raising children of different genders
- How to positively shape children’s beliefs about themselves and give them a foundation of confidence and courage
- The issues fathers face when, as young boys, they were taught that sex, power and money answered their problems
Craig is an inspirational speaker who gives keynote talks and facilitates workshops on a variety of topics relevant to home, personal and working life. He is the author of The DAD Book, and the founder of the non-profit organization Father A Nation (FAN), a NPO that works with men in communities. Craig has worked in the Non Profit sector in the areas of experiential education and socio-economic development as well as the corporate sector in strategy and human resource development. He has a passion for seeing men and women fully alive. He lives in Cape Town with his wife Martinique and his two children, Luke (24) and Blythe (21).
Shana James Coaching – Learn the most important skill men who are professionally successful and have a fulfilling love life use every day