In this episode we cover:
- Why you may be nagged at or complained to and what’s actually going on
- How to respond to complaints in a way that brings you closer
- The practice for decreasing fights from 3 hours in length to 3 minutes
- The best way for each person in a partnership to feel understood
- How vulnerability can turn around decades of fighting, distance and misunderstanding
Derek Hart has been guiding individuals and couples for 27 years. To summarize the work of Derek Hart in one word, that word would be vulnerability. Vulnerability lies at the heart of what he teaches. Through guiding people in 5 countries, he has mastered his approach to teaching people exactly how to come back to honest communication. He does not simply teach from a template. He helps his clients locate the exact emotional struggle they’re having, and shows them how to express it by uniquely modeling vulnerability for them.
Derek helps creates new interactions for the couple, and makes suggestions about what they might say to each other. He taps into an intuition, a felt sense of what they have been scared to say to each other, and then supports them in their new communication. Derek has a special training program for women, and shows them how to deeply understand men, and how to talk to men in a way that doesn’t push them away. His unique approach is not an intellectual exercise only. He’s vulnerable with his clients, creates a deep relationship with each and every client, and clients feel seen, heard, accepted, and cared for.
Shana James Coaching – Learn the most important skill men who are professionally successful and have a fulfilling love life use every day