How do you know if your alcohol use is harming your brain function, hormones, sleep and capacity for peak performance? Today’s guest shares about his experience and how you can reach your optimal health, especially as you age.
If you’re not satisfied with your love or sex-life, and could use some insights into what makes women want more of you, tell me more about yourself here and we’ll schedule a time to talk: shanajamescoaching.com/consult
I don’t have any judgement about drinking, or other vices. We all have them. But the more conscious we are about our vices, the healthier we, and our lives, become.
We don’t have to beat ourselves up about our vices, but it helps to see how they could be interfering with success, stunting our growth, or cutting off intimacy, not to mention impacting erectile function.
To support you to be healthier and live longer, I brought Clifford Stephan to the Man Alive podcast to discuss how to get healthy with alcohol. Clifford started a movement to support men to get smarter with their drinking. He also encourages men to take a vacation from drinking at some point, because he knows it can revolutionize your health and long-term performance.
If you’re tempted to avoid this topic, know that there’s no right way to do this, but that having information allows you to make decisions that are best for you.
In our conversation we discussed….
- Alcohol’s impact on brain function, hormones, sleep, and capacity for peak performance
- How alcohol shifts attention from the present (where you’re most powerful) to the past and future
- The negative side-effects of “normal” drinking and how to avoid a health crash
- Symptoms of early chronic disease in the 40s and 50s and what optimal health looks like as men get older
- The impact of bro culture on your success and well-being as a man
Clifford shares about his journey, as well as important findings on health and wellness for men. His Booze Vacation helped him see how powerful it is to be conscious about alcohol use, especially with the drinking culture men are encouraged to follow in friendships and business.
After you listen, check out part 4 of the Essential Communication for Nice Guys to Build Sexual Confidence and Stronger Connections With Women. I just opened the doors.
This is the most exciting Masterclass of the series so far! You’ll learn how to evoke a woman’s desires, and help her open to your desires.
In Masterclass #4 — Share Your Desires Without Freaking a Woman Out (And Hear Hers) — you’ll discover how to share your desires with women so they’re more likely to get met. Instead of a dynamic where your desires overwhelm or worry her, creating a lack of desire for sex, you can set her up to hear and understand you. This is incredibly empowering and allows you to stop apologizing.
If you haven’t joined us for the first three classes, don’t worry. I’ll catch you up. If you’ve already registered for all six, you’ll receive an email with your Zoom link soon.
In this masterclass you’ll have a chance to ask me questions and you’ll discover:
- The pitfalls that kill intimacy and sex, and how to avoid them (or get out if you fall in)
- My simple and effective conversation framework to ignite attraction and connection with women (on a first date and in a decades-long relationship)
- Ways to unblock your power (sexual and otherwise), so you can access your mojo when you want it
- Clarity on how to ask for your desires (no matter how vanilla or wild) so you can confidently take action in, and out of, the bedroom
- Tools to transform women’s upsets and deflections into connection and intimacy
Hope to see you there!
Connect with Clifford
Connect with Shana James
Curious what you’d need to become a better leader and lover? Take the quiz
By his mid-40s, Clifford realized his regular, semi-responsible drinking was setting him on a path to being besties with his doctor and pharmacist. He didn’t want his compounding health issues to steal everything he’d worked so hard for. So he did the unthinkable. He took a year-long break from booze.
That year off reset his body – and his relationship with booze. It also made him really not cool with all the bulls#!t around alcohol that keeps men stuck in mediocrity. So he founded Booze Vacation to help more guys take a break and find incredible levels of success.
Clifford is also the Founder of OneCompensation, a successful Bay Area consulting firm, has a lifelong passion for health & a degree in Nutritional Science (Cal Poly SLO), has completed over a dozen long-course triathlons, and is determined to kick ass and take names into his 80s and beyond.